UKC

Windy clougha conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ehmarra 05 Dec 2020

Can anyone tell me if there's snow on clouga pike today... Considering bordering up windy tomorrow but I'll have the family with me and I know it's rock underfoot so snow would be a nightmare. Cheers 

Gav Parker 05 Dec 2020
In reply to Ehmarra:

From my bedroom window in Heysham there looks to be some just on the top...where as Ingleborough looks covered...

Lankyman 05 Dec 2020
In reply to Ehmarra:

> Can anyone tell me if there's snow on clouga pike today... Considering bordering up windy tomorrow but I'll have the family with me and I know it's rock underfoot so snow would be a nightmare. Cheers 

I could see Clougha from Glasson Dock today and there's quite a lot off snow on the higher fells like Grit Fell and Ward's Stone. Just a thin smattering on Clougha. There's a north easterly forecast for tomorrow and no sun so it may be 'refreshing' up there? Baines Crag might be a better bet and a lot easier to get to.

OP Ehmarra 05 Dec 2020
In reply to Gav Parker:

Cheers mate

steveriley 05 Dec 2020
In reply to Ehmarra:

Funnily enough this was on Lancashire Rock Revival earlier: “No dry routes up at Windy Clough today... not enough of a breeze😊 possibly chance tomorrow as long as it stays dry”

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...