UKC

Bird ban at Long Rock - baggy point?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mountain_jay 28 Mar 2018

Hey folks. 

Just noticed on the crag info for Baggy Point that bird restrictions for long rock were lifted in 2013!

I'm sure I've been there a few times since then, and remember not only a white marker, but also a sign about bird restrictions.

Anybody know whether or not that information is up to date. Or if the sign is still there? 

Many thanks 

J

Skip 28 Mar 2018
In reply to mountain_jay:

Restrictions apply from 15 March - 30 June.

Reason: Nesting Birds

Following a review of climbing restrictions at Baggy Point, the historical restriction on the Long Rock was lifted in 2013. This means that both the Long Rock and the Promontory are unrestricted, but the remaining climbing areas from Scrattling Zawn to Concrete Wall inclusive and Central Walls to Slab Cove inclusive are still restricted for the duration of the nesting season.

There is still a slightly confusing white marker at the top of the descent to the Long Rock, however the restriction definitely no longer applies to this part of the headland. The National Trust are aware of this and will move the marker at some point in the future, but given a busy summer work schedule this may not be for some time. In the meantime, please feel free to access this part of the crag. Many thanks to the National Trust for their help with this.

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/RAD/View.aspx?id=508

OP mountain_jay 28 Mar 2018
In reply to Skip:

Yeah that's what I read. I guess I was just looking for some reassurance if I turn up and the sign is still there!

But looks like I should be good to go! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...