UKC

Dungecroft quarry, Portland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 two_tapirs 20 Feb 2017
I'm not sure how to access this crag, and as we're headed down that way soon we might pay a visit.
From the Cheyne car park, I assume you head towards Neddyfields/Godnor on the SW coastal path. From memory, there's a small quarried area by the gate and tiny car park at top of the SW path once you've left the road; is this how you access Dungecroft quarry? Do we need to ab in, or is it a simple walk/scramble?

Cheers
 Dandan 20 Feb 2017
In reply to two_tapirs:

This is from the access notes on the cheyne weares crag page:

Dungecroft Quarry (and the Road Rage Wall) - From the main Cheyne Weares car park walk south (right - looking out) from the car park along a track down into a large disused quarry. The Dungecroft routes are along the quarried wall to the right. The abseil point for the Road Rage Wall is a staple situated on a large boulder on the cliff-top, in front of a pile of waste stone. About 30m north of this is a short block wall set back from the cliff edge where abseil bolts for the Bariatric Buttress can be found.

I never knew you could ab down to road rage...
 JIMBO 21 Feb 2017
In reply to two_tapirs:
> ... From the Cheyne car park, I assume you head towards Neddyfields/Godnor on the SW coastal path.

No... Dungecroft is accessed directly from the car park... if you go to the road you've gone wrong.
Dungecroft and Neddyfields are separated by private land so you can't walk between them unless you go around via the road.

OP two_tapirs 21 Feb 2017
In reply to JIMBO:

Thanks Jimbo, will have a good hunt around when we're there

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...