UKC

Since the Auction Sirhowy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BMC Cymru 15 Dec 2023

To all our supporters / I gyd o gefnogwyr

Following the auction last week where we were unable to bid, we are reaching out to the successful bidder via the Agent. As far as we are aware they have no plans to develop or restrict access to the site, and we will be seeking to secure access by establishing a good relationship with the new owners. We will consider whether any funds from the crowdfunder could assist in securing access, by for example addressing any concerns over liability by replacing old fixed equipment or repairing the retaining fence at the top of the cliff. We’d also like to thank members for their feedback and helpful suggestions during this process - it’s been a great journey for us so far. We will share further updates when we know more.

Yn dilyn yr arwerthiant yr wythnos diwethaf lle nad oedd hi'n bosib i ni roi cynnig, rydym wedi bod yn estyn allan at y cynigydd llwyddiannus drwy'r Asiant. Hyd y gwyddom nid oes ganddynt unrhyw gynlluniau i ddatblygu na chyfyngu mynediad i'r safle, a byddwn yn ceisio sicrhau mynediad trwy sefydlu perthynas dda gyda'r perchnogion newydd. Byddwn yn ystyried a allai unrhyw arian gan y cyllidwr torfol gynorthwyo i sicrhau mynediad, drwy, er enghraifft, fynd i’r afael ag unrhyw bryderon ynghylch atebolrwydd drwy amnewid hen offer sefydlog neu atgyweirio’r ffens gynnal ar ben y clogwyn. Hoffem hefyd ddiolch i’r aelodau am eu hadborth a’u hawgrymiadau defnyddiol yn ystod y broses hon – mae wedi bod yn daith werthfawr i ni hyd yn hyn. Byddwn yn rhannu diweddariadau pellach pan fyddwn yn gwybod mwy.

Post edited at 08:56
 Alex Riley 15 Dec 2023
In reply to BMC Cymru:

Tom and Eben, saviours of the BMC 😁

Thanks for all the hard work.

Southvillain 18 Dec 2023
In reply to BMC Cymru:

Why was the BMC unable to bid?

Luke90 18 Dec 2023
In reply to Southvillain:

That was covered in the previous update. Essentially, the auction process didn't allow enough time for them to make the checks they feel it's necessary to make. I know nothing about acquiring land but consensus of opinion on the other thread was that their caution was well-founded.

Southvillain 19 Dec 2023
In reply to Luke90:

Thanks. I didn't see the update. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...