UKC

Sirhowy Update - contact made

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BMC Cymru 26 Feb 2024

Sirhowy Crowdfunding Update! This email was sent out last week to crowdfunders but I know that people have been following this campaign on the forums as well so I thought I'd post here.

Big News!

Firstly, again thank you everyone for the continued support during the ongoing negotiations at Sirhowy.

We have now managed to have productive conversations with the new owners of Sirhowy quarry, they’ve come across well and it seems initially like they have a similar outcomes in mind for the area in line with the BMC’s hopes for our campaign - he is local and seems to 'get' the importance of the site as a recreational asset, the owner's daughter also climbs.

In the short term they are happy for us to continue to climb at Sirhowy, which is a great start, and further to this they wish to develop the site to provide biodiversity and carbon offsetting for their business. At present we don’t know how this will look but the BMC access team will continue to hold talks with them to see where this leads and how it may affect access in future. 

As well as permitting climbing they are happy for us to make improvements to the safety of the climbing initially, this could be via re-equipping routes or improving the retaining fence above the crag.

We have previously indicated that supporters are welcome to withdraw donations based of the altered direction of the campaign, however we still intend that the money will be ring fenced for local works for the improvement of the climbing experience at the crag, and for biodiversity, and to benefit the local community. We are now in a position to withdraw the money from Crowdfunder. If you wish to withdraw your donation please do so by the 29th of February.

Happy Climbing

Tom, Eben & The BMC Land and Property Trust.

********************************************************************************************

Diweddariad ar Ymgyrch Gyllid Torfol Sirhowy

Newyddion Mawr!

Yn gyntaf, unwaith eto, diolch i bawb am yr holl gefnogaeth yn ystod y trafodaethau parhaus yn Sirhywi.

Rydym bellach wedi llwyddo i gael sgyrsiau cynhyrchiol gyda pherchnogion newydd chwarel Sirhywi, ma’r trafodaethau wedi bod yn bositif, ac mae’n ymddangos i ddechrau bod ganddynt amcanion tebyg mewn golwg ar gyfer yr ardal yn unol â gobeithion y BMC ar gyfer ein hymgyrch.

Yn y tymor byr maent yn fodlon inni barhau i ddringo yn Sirhywi, sy’n ddechrau gwych, ac yn ogystal a hyn maent yn dymuno datblygu’r safle i ddarparu bioamrywiaeth a gwrthbwyso carbon ar gyfer eu busnes. Ar hyn o bryd nid ydym yn gwybod sut y bydd hyn yn edrych ond bydd tîm mynediad y BMC yn parhau i gynnal trafodaethau gyda nhw i weld lle y bydd hyn yn arwain a sut y gallai effeithio ar fynediad yn y dyfodol.

Yn ogystal â chaniatáu dringo maent yn hapus i ni wneud gwelliannau i ddiogelwch y dringo i ddechrau, gallai hyn fod trwy ail-gyfarparu llwybrau neu wella'r ffens gadw uwchben y clogwyn.

Rydym wedi nodi’n flaenorol bod croeso i gefnogwyr dynnu rhoddion yn ôl yn seiliedig ar newid cyfeiriad yr ymgyrch, ond rydym yn dal i fwriadu y bydd yr arian yn cael ei neilltuo ar gyfer gwaith lleol er mwyn gwella’r profiad dringo ar y clogwyn, ac ar gyfer bioamrywiaeth, a er budd y gymuned leol. Rydym nawr mewn sefyllfa i dynnu'r arian oddi wrth Crowdfunder, os ydych am dynnu eich rhodd yn ôl gwnewch hynny erbyn y 29ain o Chwefror.

Dringo HapusTom, Eben ac Ymddiriedolaeth Tir ac Eiddo y BMC.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...