UKC

Earth's Natural Wonders

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Collins 15 Feb 2018

Just watching this programme on BBC and twice in the first quarter of an hour of episode one its described the dolomites as the Himalaya. They might have got away with it, if they hadn't chosen the most famous shot. Anyway, looks good so thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Mal Grey 15 Feb 2018
In reply to Mark Collins:

Wasn't just me then! I was thinking "blimey, didn't know Mustang had limestone towers like the Dolomites. Oh, wait a minute...."

You would have thought they had enough library footage of the Himalaya by now not to need to fake it deliberately, perhaps it was a genuine mistake.

Shame, as the programme was basically visually good, with some interesting insights into life in those regions. Slightly over dramatic at times, but great imagery. 

Its a little annoying when you have a bit of "inside knowledge" of places or activities, as it so often means you can't help yourself pulling apart basically decent TV when they take short cuts or do things wrongly. It makes you wonder how accurate the stuff you don't know about is. In the scheme of things, though, its only telly.

yelotango 15 Feb 2018

I think the shots included the Cadini di Misruina as well as the Tre Cime. V.distracting, spent most of that section trying to spot other Himalayan Dolomites.

Dave Garnett 15 Feb 2018

That's a relief, thought I was really losing it!

Dave Garnett 15 Feb 2018

That's a relief, thought I was really losing it!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...