UKC

Oh, what happened to him....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Big Ger 21 Nov 2017
> Rodney Bewes has died aged 79, his agent has confirmed. The actor had a career spanning six decades and is best known for playing Bob Ferris in sitcom The Likely Lads. His agent issued a statement saying: "It is with great sadness that we confirm that our dear client, the much-loved actor Rodney Bewes, passed away this morning."

> The statement paid tribute to the actor, calling him a "true one-off" and a "brilliant storyteller". "He had a funny anecdote for every occasion. Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time. We will miss him terribly."

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42067506

Met him once in Penzance where he was touring his "Three Men In A Boat" solo show. Very funny chap. Unfortunately he was well into his alcoholism by then, and was unable to sign an autograph for my mum as "Cynthia" eluded him
 DerwentDiluted 22 Nov 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

Yes, another small piece of the jigsaw of my formative years falls irretrievably to the floor. A line from WHTTLL stands the test of time and was a running joke for me and a flatmate for a long time.

Bob appears at door,
Terry - " How Bob man come in, I'd give you a beer.... but I've only got six"
redsonja 24 Nov 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

I grew up watching 'whatever happened to the likely lads'. Thought it was brilliant. It's sad news
 Blue Straggler 25 Nov 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

Alma73 wins the all time prize for "strangest spam mail" !
OP Big Ger 25 Nov 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

Bob: So it's just down to the British, is it?
Terry Collier: Well, I haven't got much time for the Irish or the Welsh, and the Scots are worse than the Koreans.
Bob: And you never could stand Southerners.
Terry Collier: To tell you the truth I don't like anybody much outside this town. And there's a lot of families in our street I can't stand either. Come to think of it, I don't even like the people next door.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...