UKC

Advice for bouldering and sport climb trip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Reded60 03 Jan 2020

My mate prefers bouldering, I prefer ropes.

Any recommendations for a European destination that can give us both for a few days at the end of Feb? Was thinking Spain / Portugal for better weather.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

In reply to Reded60:

Check out Chulilla and albarracin? Close together, might be cold but might be primo! Does depend a bit on grades cos (in my opinion) Chulilla is much nicer 7a and above   haven't been to Albarracin but I've only heard good things about it . I think you could look at Mallorca as well? I'm sure there are loads of other options out there hope someone else throws you some ideas too

GDes 03 Jan 2020
In reply to Reded60:

I suspect you'll end up with fairly rubbish bouldering and good routes, or vice versa. Unless you're prepared to drive a lot. Persuade your mate to boulder on a rope on some shorter harder things? Or go somewhere the bouldering is good. 

Ciro 04 Jan 2020
In reply to GDes:

> I suspect you'll end up with fairly rubbish bouldering and good routes, or vice versa. Unless you're prepared to drive a lot. Persuade your mate to boulder on a rope on some shorter harder things? Or go somewhere the bouldering is good. 

Margalef would fit that bill (if it's not too foggy) - one day down in laboratori and the next up high in the long sectors.

In reply to Reded60:

I would find a new partner who's goals were more in line with mine Seriously, Ailefroide would be a good destination.

Al

Post edited at 10:13
 HeMa 04 Jan 2020
In reply to Gaston Rubberpants:

I would doubt Feb is stellar in Ailefroide for rock climbing. 

In reply to HeMa:

> I would doubt Feb is stellar in Ailefroide for rock climbing. 

Oops I didn't spot that.  To the OP ignore my advice I'm talking b*ll*cks

Al

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...