UKC

camping in Northumberland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I need a good camp site this weekend in Northumberland that allows dogs and is near a good pub!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave D.
 Andy Farnell 02 Aug 2004
In reply to D Douglas: There is a good campsite in Beford (sorry don't know the number) which is close to all the cragging and some good pubs (The Swan in Belford is good).

Andy F
mummy 02 Aug 2004
In reply to D Douglas:
Great campsite about a half mile south of the village of Bedford. There's a nice little pub in the village, and a tea shop that sells singin' hinnies and guide books.
Anonymous 02 Aug 2004
In reply to D Douglas: i stayed at rose cottage outside warkworth - it was pretty good and warkworth has a few decent food/drink options, as well as being a pleasant place - dont know how it relates to climbing options though - theres a good second hand bookshop (barter books ?) in the old railway station in a nearby town (alnwick?) that had a pretty decent selection of climbing / mountaineering books last time i was there - has a website i think
 TN 02 Aug 2004
In reply to D Douglas:

Depends what you call 'close' but this site is quite good - it's at Wooler. There are a few decent pubs in the village and a nice italian restaurant that does takeaways. I don't know whether they allow dogs, but since the owner has a few I would imagine so...

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=2617
In reply to all:

Cheers folks

Dave D.
 Chris Fryer 03 Aug 2004
In reply to D Douglas: Avoid Bluebell Farm at Wooler; it is a farm so there is poultry shit everywhere and extremely noisy roosters. Plus the women wasn't the friendliest I have ever ment.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...