UKC

Climbing in Istria

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jrclimber 13 May 2019

I'll be heading off to Istria for a week at the beginning of June, we'll be staying in Novigrad in the NW of the Peninsula.

My SO has (begrudgingly) put 2 days aside for us to climb, we have a scan of the guidebook, but I'm aware there are a tonne of crags around, as we have limited time I wanted to see if anyone had any experience of the are and have any crags they would recommend or avoid?

We climb up to 6a+ - 6b at a push but for the benefit of my partner, easier climbs would be preferred. 

At the minute amongst others, we are considering Rovinj, Pula & Ponte Porton. Any other suggestions?

Much appreciated!

silhouette 13 May 2019
In reply to jrclimber:

Rovinj DWS is worth checking out. The crag overlooking Limski canal was good. The crag overlooking the town of Bizet we liked; walking distance from a good campsite where hang gliders hang out.  dvigrad I found stiff for the grade but there's a fantastic camp site just by it. Cepic is good but don't leave anything on the path because the cows will eat anything.

tjekel 13 May 2019
In reply to jrclimber:

For a good spread of grades, kamena vrata near buzet is good if probably rather warm, personally, I like it more than Ponte Porton. In buzetski canjon, the west facing walls provide morning shade, and a days worth at 6a/b in a quiet and beautiful location.

Dvigrad is also lovely, but there is no shade at all. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...