UKC

Climbing Instructor Austria - SPA?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jayne H 13 Nov 2020

Hi Folks,

I've been working in the outdoor industry now for the last 19 years. Having recently moved to Austria (Carinthia) i'm looking for a little advice.

Our local tourism board here in our Village are looking to offer climbing sessions to families / kids etc during the tourist season (if covid allows).  As an SPA holder this is something, if i were in the UK would be something i could do with no problems and has been my bread and butter for many years.

Can anyone advise me on if i can / or what i have to do to be able to offer these sessions here in Austria. All within the SPA remit, i'm not talking via ferrata or multi pitch days here.

I'm really hoping not to have to retrain as i already have the skills and have been actively using them, i also hold an Outdoor and Environmental Ed Degree which hopefully adds to my usefulness. 

Its no coincidence this is the 2nd  'just moved to Austria' post - the conversation in our house has very much turned climbing related these last few days.

Any advice will be very helpful

Jayne

jimtitt 13 Nov 2020
In reply to Jayne H:

Ask the ÖAV.

I got mine recognised in Germany (and was awarded the equivelent  DAV qualification) but that was an exception to oversee some classes where the insurance required a native-English speaker to supervise the German instructor. Expect to jump through a few hoops regarding your command of Austrian!

OP Jayne H 13 Nov 2020
In reply to Big Bruva:

Thanks for the link. I've had a look and im hopeful. I've dropped an email to the Carinthian contact and now waiting to see if anything comes back.

Jayne 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...