UKC

Does anyone have an up to date topo for Sombre Del Leon, Costa Blanca?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi all!

We went to Sombra Del Leon today, we have the topo from the german guide book, when we got there there are loooooooads more bolts in the rock, and loads more very new looking lines. Just wondered if anyone knows someone local who might have a more up to date topo? 

The lines we did were boss. Keen to climb a bit more there! 

thanks in advance  

Sombra del Leon

Mark Eddy 29 Jan 2024
In reply to Emilysaladfingers:

I walked under this yesterday afternoon. Never been before and we weren't climbing yesterday so didn't get anything done. But agree, it all looks brilliant and so much to go at. Apparently there's a really cool line going through a big arch that starts part way up the big gully to the left of the Cova.

Sorry, don't know where there'll be a topo

In reply to Mark Eddy:

I don't think we went to the Cova section, we were at the Sombra del ponoig. We spent a lot of the day going to a crag in the morning which has had all the bolts stripped and then getting lost finding this crag, so we were delighted when we made it to this sector and the lines were good!! 

Some good looking stuff with the new bolts! 

Mark Eddy 29 Jan 2024
In reply to Emilysaladfingers:

I've just been in touch with Mark Edwards re the Sierra Helada access. Will let you know if I hear back, or he may respond directly. Pretty sure he'll know the current situation.

Is Sombra del Ponoig actually on Ponoch? The massive wall? Maybe around the left left side?

The attached photo is where we were, about 5-10 mins left of the cave. I'm sure that'll be of interest too. Plenty of new-ish looking bolts. Some routes had name plates at the base

Post edited at 20:55

In reply to Mark Eddy:

It was by the Agulla Gran section… up from the main parking on the left. 

Looks like there’s loads of rock round there. 

Thanks re Sierra helada. There are signs up as you approach but it would be helpful to have it online too! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...