UKC

Exploratory trad in China video

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Drexciyan 07 May 2020

vimeo.com/407115333

incredible looking place

olddirtydoggy 08 May 2020
In reply to Drexciyan:

Wow, reminds me of Tissington spires! Great vid.

Lloydfletch 08 May 2020
In reply to Drexciyan:

> incredible looking place

Agreed.

Thanks for posting.

john arran 08 May 2020
In reply to Drexciyan:

Lovely rock, beautifully filmed and with positive messages to convey. But is it only me that was disappointed by the lack of climbing authenticity? Such as filming the top-out of a ground-up first ascent of an unclimbed tower from the top? Showing a 'trad' ascent with pre-placed gear? Stating they'd left nothing but footprints after showing what looked to be a fully equipped sport climb?

I have no problem with establishing sport climbs in some remote locations - there are some fine examples such as La Guerre Sainte in Wadi Rum - but I would be more impressed by honesty in the telling of the tale and think it should be acknowledged where the trad objectives so prominent in the narrative were so clearly compromised.

MischaHY 08 May 2020
In reply to john arran:

I did find myself raising an eyebrow at the guy shaking and power screaming a few metres away from a totally stitched up crack. Loads of bolts gone in as well. 

All of which is fine I suppose if the rock is as bad as they made out, but I found the contrast of the 'we want to leave no trace and go clean ground up' and what was actually being shown in the film to be a little confusing. 

Looks like an incredible area for sure. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...