UKC

Finale / Albenga - Accommodation and Community

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Endre 10 Feb 2019

Is there any climbers accommodation and climbers community in and around Finale Ligure, OltreFinale and Albenga?

Or is it more spread out, and we're better off, by just doing airbnb and stay for ourselves?

We are looking at a 2-3 weeks stay in the area. Our initial thought is to mainly stay in Finale Ligure, is that recommended or should we aim to keep closer to either OltreFinale or Albenga?

Any other tips or recommendations for the area?

EwanR 10 Feb 2019
In reply to Endre:

Oltre = "beyond" in Italian so it literally means the bits around Finale.

Post climb beers in Finalborgo around the Piazza San Bagio.

Get your picnic at the bakery on Via Molinetti then turn right and walk 30 seconds for fresh fruit. 

La Tavernatta is good for fish as are most of the restaurants on the same street. 

Apéro and gelato on the main piazza.

No idea of there's "climbers accommodation" but the Hotel Europa is very good as it caters for German and Swiss groups so has a good breakfast. 

Haf42 15 Feb 2019
In reply to Endre:

Also heading there next week, only for four days. Will post recommendations when I'm there for some good climbing sectors! 

I'm staying in my van- I have heard that if you have a camper there are some good spots/ communitie. If that's an option check out Park4night it posts the good camp spots. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...