/ Glen Nevis bouldering guide?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Thomas Martin - on 10 Mar 2019

Polldubh Crags, Glen Nevis

Does anyone know if there is a bouldering guide and if so we're can I buy it.

Cheers 

Cumbrian Climber - on 10 Mar 2019
In reply to Thomas Martin:

There was one, several years out of print, by Tom Ballard whose sad and untimely death on Nanga Parbat has just been announced. I don't know of another. You might find it second hand.

andrew ogilvie - on 10 Mar 2019

There's no isbn number on the Glen Nevis guide but the publisher seems to be PrintSmith (Lochaber) Ltd with telephone number 01397 700330 and an email address of printsmith@btconnect.com at the publication date of 2005

The same areas are covered in some detail in  John Watson's Stone Country "Boulder Scotland 3rd edition isbn 978-0-9928876-1-2  and website www.stonecountry.co.uk

Post edited at 21:47
spenser - on 10 Mar 2019

I think I saw one in Nevisport in Fort William just before new year, probably as likely a place as any to have some copies.

petegunn on 11 Mar 2019

Could try giving needlesports a ring, I've seen it in there in the past.

Alex the Alex on 11 Mar 2019

There's a page for nevis bouldering  Nevis Bouldering which has most of the info from the new stone country guide and a few new things. The stone country guide covers the Glen pretty well. But I never managed to get a copy of Tom Ballards guide to compare. Another source of info might be 3 wise monkeys mapping effort, but I don't know whether that is still being worked on

https://www.threewisemonkeysclimbing.com/blog-1/lochaber-bouldering-map

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.