UKC

Good easy bolted sport for end of May?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy S 20 Apr 2023

I was thinking Costa Blanca but looks like it's borderline temperature-wise at end of May. Any recommendations? We're completely out of shape so my mate in particular will need a plethora of 4s and 5s and I'll need a plethora of 5s and low 6s.

rogerhill12 20 Apr 2023
In reply to Andy S:

You might investigate the Inn valley west of Innsbruck or The Ardeche or the Asturias and Cantabria provinces of northern Spain.

snoop6060 20 Apr 2023
In reply to Andy S:

Orpierre? It’s gonna still be hot but defo doable. Plenty to go at all the grades. 

Rog Wilko 20 Apr 2023
In reply to Andy S:

Provence is nice at that time. Dentelles de Montmirail and Buis les Baronnies areas have loads of stuff in those grades.

Mark Bull 22 Apr 2023
In reply to Andy S:

The Ariege area is worth considering:  Auzat and  Calamès are very good for easy grades, there are other options in the area too, and it's not all limestone!  

Rog Wilko 23 Apr 2023
In reply to Mark Bull:

+1 for Calames. Sector Papy has a score or so 5s and 5+s which are all good. Some are billed as 40m long single pitch though with some care you can scrape by with a 70 m rope.

Toerag 24 Apr 2023
In reply to Andy S:

Sardinia. Can get hot in the sun though, but there are plenty of crags with shade or pick your time.

Rog Wilko 25 Apr 2023
In reply to Rog Wilko:

> +1 for Calames. Sector Papy has a score or so 5s and 5+s which are all good. Some are billed as 40m long single pitch though with some care you can scrape by with a 70 m rope.

PS. I see your looking for 4s as well as 5s. Sector Initiation is very close to Sector Papy and has several nice routes given 4 or 4+ but mainly about diff or v diff. Very flattering.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...