UKC

Hvar Croatia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stairclimber 12 Nov 2018

I'm looking for comments from anyone with recent experience of Hvar and particularly Cliffbase. Thinking of going in late June, flying into Split, hiring a car and finding an apartment. Where is it best to stay for a mix of climbing and beach time? 

Enil 13 Nov 2018
In reply to Stairclimber:

We climbed on Hvar in 2015 and 2017, both times in early May and as part of a week long loop around Split, Omis, and Hvar. Really enjoyed both trips.

Cliffbase is cool, and as mad as it seems from the descriptions (including a smugglers beach and wine cave / cellar), we had the little "apartment" there which has two double beds and was comfy for 2 couples. Lots of routes, we climb in the 5+ to 7a range and barely scratched the surface with 2 days climbing. It's a 30 minute walk in and a bit isolated.

We stayed in an apartment in Hvar town which is very different, lots of cool restaurants etc. and most of the climbing is a shortish drive. My understanding is that Hvar becomes a big party town in the summer so worth considering if that's a good or bad thing!

I'd definitely hire a car.

If you're not set on Hvar, it might be worth taking a look at Omis to see if it fits what you're after. There's a beach and plenty of climbing.

OP Stairclimber 18 Nov 2018
In reply to Enil:

Thanks for that. Apart from booking the flights for a ten day trip, no plans as yet finalised so hirng a car and checking out a few places looks like a good option. If you have a guide book, do you want to sell it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...