UKC

Ice destinations, no partner

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CacCarnBeag 30 Oct 2018

What ice climbing venues in Europe are good for finding partners easily?

I’m considering spending a month ice climbing in jan-feb but I won’t have a partner. Interested in Ice cragging, skiing, and mountain routes.

Where is good for hooking up with people? I’m aware of Chamomix, but also wondering about Ecrins, or areas in Italy...

Also if anybody is keen, drop me an email.

topee 01 Nov 2018
In reply to CacCarnBeag:

Not Europe, but also partnerless, heading to New England for 3 weeks in Feb, have some internet connections there, if interested give me a shout. Airline is currently mucking up my flights so might cancel if better option comes up.

In reply to CacCarnBeag:

The Ice Climbing Écrins event is on the 17th to 20th Jan, that can be a good place to hook up with people.

https://www.facebook.com/Ice-Climbing-Ecrins-352141028210309/

Rob M 04 Nov 2018
In reply to CacCarnBeag:

Hiya mate, I'm Rob 30 from Buxton Derbyshire. I'm member of Buxton & Mynnyd clubs. We should talk. I'm available to set off to Alps, Norway, anywhere really mate, just need a suitable partner & been looking/ trying for a few years. I basically climb at VS 4c in the peak, I've done a few grades harder, I've done a few grades softer but VS 4c is where I'm comfortable (same as most people really, it's where the risks start isn't it). Also regards my climbing fitness I've probably averaged sessions twice per week for 2 years now so I'm not pushing grades but base fitness is certainly covered. As for ice I've led two routes up the Kinder DF (not the corner, proper vertical routes) & I've played around on scrambles in Peak&North Wales, also  I've been the Alps 3 times & done about 12 mountains but only up to AD. I'd like to do more PD+ & AD routes this coming year & I'd have liked to have gone to Norway or similar this Dec/ Jan but my winter plans have changed a bit due to a partner messing me around. It might be possible for me to come to El Chorro but I'd have to be really tempted to be honest only because sport climbing isn't really my main interest, I do like it but ... Well, was looking at winter trips so the opposite would require so consideration. Let me know what you think regards all of the above though anyway, thanks, Rob 

boogiman_007 24 Nov 2018
In reply to CacCarnBeag:

Hey i'm planning on spending some days in Ecrins Ice fest Jan 18-22+ and also looking for English speaking ice / alpine partners as my french is non existent.
Visiting the alps from Seattle , US, and have flexible schedule that week 18-26

stay in touch if your in the area that week!

cheers!

Dre

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...