UKC

Mallorca: Pollensa area, quality of bolts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SG2023 25 Aug 2023

Hello, I’m heading to Mallorca with the family for some sports climbing (kid friendly grades up to 6B) and will be in the Pollensa area. I’ve done a lot of research into the various crags in the North and have seen a lot of off-putting comments about rusty and unreliable bolts.

Has anyone been to North Mallorca  this summer or recently and can you please recommend which areas have reliable bolts in the grade range I’m after? (We will have a car).  For instance, La Creveta seems to be very close to Pollensa but many write-ups warn about the bolts, despite it being “one of the more popular crags on the island” according to the Rockfax guide….

Thanks.

Wimlands 25 Aug 2023
In reply to SG2023:

Climbing at Creveta scared me…but that was 10 years back so hopefully the lower offs have been upgraded.

In reply to SG2023:

Was at La Creveta in 2017. I remember some of the easy routes having acceptable bolts, but some other the other routes had visible surface rust on the bolts. Didn't climb on any of these routes as didn't feel comfortable with the bolt conditions. Real shame as it was a beautiful location. Hard to remember but I think El Fumat was in better condition. Hopefully someone can provide more up to date info!

andyb211 27 Aug 2023
In reply to SG2023:

Sa Gubia, S'estret and San Marti 👍

Creveta some routes have been rebolted.

Cala Magraner is an ace day out too.

OP SG2023 05 Sep 2023
In reply to SG2023: Thanks all - went to S’Estret and Puig St Marti, and both were great.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...