UKC

Manchester to San Vito Lo Capo, best route?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 maybe_si 09 Jan 2019

Thinking about a quick sport trip to San Vito in March.  When we went out before we flew from Gatwick to Palermo. Now based in the Peak District I'd really rather not have to drive to London to get a flight!

I can't seem to find suitable direct flights from Manchester.

How have other people gone about the journey? 

Cheers!

John Cuthbert 09 Jan 2019
In reply to maybe_si:

I went via Milan Malpensa, but this, of course, meant flying to Milan, and then changing to another flight to Palermo.

JC

Dave Ferguson 09 Jan 2019
In reply to maybe_si:

flew from manchester to catania, its then a 3 hour drive on good roads to San Vito, much better than driving to Gatwick.

ChrisJD 10 Jan 2019
In reply to maybe_si:

We went after New Year and flew Easyjet to Catania.

Took at about 3 3/4 hours to drive from Catania to San Vito.  Lots of roadworks on the motorway across the centre of the island and snow on the way back!

The Catania hire car set up at the airport is a right hotch-potch, especially on the car park return, so make sure you know where you have to take it back to.

Post edited at 10:27
OP maybe_si 10 Jan 2019
In reply to ChrisJD:

Great stuff, Thanks all.  I think we'll go with the Catania option, I'd much rather be driving across Sicily than from Manchester to Gatwick!! 

Neil Williams 10 Jan 2019
In reply to maybe_si:

If you can tolerate them I believe Ryanair fly from Stansted to Palermo which could at least avoid crossing London/the M25.

Murd 10 Jan 2019
In reply to maybe_si:

Went from Luton  to Palermo last year, maybe slightly better?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...