UKC

Noggarth guide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dawnhopton 16 Mar 2023
Thread moved from Rockfax to Destinations

Hi, does anyone have the Noggarth guide / topos that they could send me pictures of please?

steveriley 16 Mar 2023
In reply to dawnhopton:

They’re available in the Lancs supplements, money goes to the gear fund: https://cockerelbooks.com/MiniGuides.aspx

OP dawnhopton 16 Mar 2023
In reply to dawnhopton:

Thanks, was looking to go tomorrow hense not having the time to order. Iv renewed my rockfax account now so can find it on there if not somewhere local to there 👍🏻

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 16 Mar 2023
In reply to dawnhopton:

Noggarth isn't available on the App. I did produce a topo to it after a few visits there last spring (can't help myself!) but we decided not to release it out of respect for the developers and the Lancs gear fund. The UKC database entry is pretty up-to-date and might help.

It is a great venue, you will enjoy it,

Chris

Dave Garnett 16 Mar 2023
In reply to dawnhopton:

I'd never heard of this place, I thought it was some sort of 'not Gogarth' joke.  It looks interesting - I'll put it on the list for visit on the way back from the Lakes.

nobalga 16 Mar 2023
In reply to dawnhopton:

It's not a massive crag so you should be able to manage with just ukc.

Some bits are a bit sandy and may not be dry though. It's in a low spot so pretty sheltered and rains be bad this week after the snow.

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 16 Mar 2023
In reply to Dave Garnett:

> I'd never heard of this place, I thought it was some sort of 'not Gogarth' joke.  It looks interesting - I'll put it on the list for visit on the way back from the Lakes.

I had never heard of it until Steve Foxely posted something about it last year, and I also thought the same about it being 'not Gogath! I think it was just home to some badly protected trad routes that weren't even described in the last Lancs guide. The team that have cleaned and equipped it have done a great job,

Chris

Sjnh85 16 Mar 2023
In reply to dawnhopton:

https://www.lancashirerock.co.uk/assets/pdf/2021/noggarth-sept-2021.pdf 

went a couple of weeks back. Cool little crag. 

Marek 16 Mar 2023
In reply to Chris Craggs:

> It is a great venue, you will enjoy it,

Yep, went there last summer on a random recommendation.

Really enjoyed it, but it's a bit... different

The grades are also a bit... Noggarth (i.e., unlike anywhere else)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...