UKC

Sella accommodation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Obi Wan 20 Feb 2020

Heading back out to Sella at the end of the year, just wondering if anyone has act recommendations for inexpensive but nice accommodation.

Obviously there is the amazing orange house, which is my usual choice, but just wondered if any one could recommend anywhere else for a bit of a change?

Andy Manthorpe 20 Feb 2020
In reply to Obi Wan:

Isn't there a hut there too ? Refugio - in Spanish.

In reply to Obi Wan:

Well, if you are not going on your own it can be cheaper and a bit more luxurious to hire an apartment in one of the coastal resorts and drive to sella and lots of other crags. 

Orange house is obviously great if you want to hang out with other climbers or find a climbing partner.

Georgert 21 Feb 2020
In reply to Obi Wan:

We stayed here last year for a week's climbing – perfect location high up in the village, overlooking the ridge range, and within walking distance of the (few) bars / restaurants around. It's even got a massive balcony with a bbq...

https://sella-alicante.co.uk/

David Myatt 21 Feb 2020
In reply to Georgert:

Currently staying a few doors along from here. It is a fantastic location for walking and climbing and we find the village perfect. Good baker in Calle Jesus. Ask for an Espadenier, a flat bread with salt and olive oil. Good for lunch at the crag. The light has just gone from  the Puig.

OP Obi Wan 23 Feb 2020
In reply to Obi Wan:

Thanks everyone, might have a look at casa roc, looks nice.

OP Obi Wan 23 Feb 2020
In reply to Georgert:

Out of interest, is there parking at casa roc?

Georgert 24 Feb 2020
In reply to Obi Wan:

There's two generous (and free) car parks at the entrance to the town. Casa roc is about 5-10 minutes on foot from there. It's a beautiful walk but very steep on the way up. 

In reply to Obi Wan:

Sorry, can't recommend any myself but there's a load here to checkout:
https://www.ukclimbing.com/listings/accommodation/?location=Sella&dista...

OP Obi Wan 24 Feb 2020
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Whoa! I had no idea that was a feature! Thanks, casita sol and de luna look brilliant.

David Myatt 24 Feb 2020
In reply to Obi Wan:

Unless you’ve got a donkey, no. The streets are too narrow, but its only a five min walk up from the carpark by the recycling bins at the edge of the village.

David Myatt 24 Feb 2020
In reply to Obi Wan:

Neither did I!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...