UKC

Simple campsite in North Cornwall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 IPPurewater 09 Apr 2019

Can anyone recommend a basic and cheap campsite, somewhere between Tintagel and Newquay please ?

I'm looking for the sort of site that has a field with a tap and loo.

Thanks

IPP

Iamgregp 09 Apr 2019
In reply to IPPurewater:

The Foreshore - Dennis Farm - short walk from Padstow, small campsite (though think it has showers?) that isn't the motorhome/caravan fest that others are.  Has a beautiful view over the bay too.

OP IPPurewater 09 Apr 2019
In reply to Iamgregp:

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks nice but it is hardly cheap at £25 per night for a tent + 1 (up to 2) person.

Any more ideas ?

Iamgregp 09 Apr 2019
In reply to IPPurewater:

That's me all out of suggestions I'm afraid. 

I think it depends when you're going a bit.  We were down there one summer and you'd see loads of fields where a farmer had a sign saying camping-------> into a more or less empty field (maybe a tap or something) and they'd come round and pick up a fiver off you in the evening (when they remembered) but they're never really on the web or searchable...

That's probably more the kind of thing you're looking for, but it was getting on for 10 years since we were there so I'd be hard pressed to remember any details I'm afraid.

Hat Dude 09 Apr 2019
In reply to Iamgregp:

> you'd see loads of fields where a farmer had a sign saying camping-------> into a more or less empty field (maybe a tap or something) and they'd come round and pick up a fiver off you in the evening (when they remembered) but they're never really on the web or searchable...

I think that farmers can set up a site for a maximum of 28 days per year without being licensed.

I've stayed at one at Crackington Haven that was just open in August, but that was also approx 10 years ago

Gibbon 09 Apr 2019
In reply to IPPurewater:

Just the other side of newquay there’s a great one at Polly joke. 

OP IPPurewater 12 Apr 2019
In reply to IPPurewater:

Thanks for the suggestions.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...