/ Spanish destination in April?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
fammer 12 Feb 2020

Planning on visiting my brother for a weekend in Madrid in April, and would like to go climbing somewhere for the week before/after. Any recommendations for somewhere to go that won't be too hot? I don't mind a bit of a drive (or train/bus), and would be looking for somewhere with routes from ~6a to ~7b.

Thanks

john arran 12 Feb 2020
In reply to fammer:

I've only been once, so far from being an expert, but Cuenca is a fantastic spot within a couple of hours of Madrid; it's very extensive and has plenty of choice in terms of sunny/shade sectors. For some reason it doesn't seem to have become popular with Brits but when I was there it was clearly a crag of choice for campervans from Holland, Germany and elsewhere.

jezb1 12 Feb 2020
In reply to john arran:

> I've only been once, so far from being an expert, but Cuenca is a fantastic spot within a couple of hours of Madrid; 

Got a few days there this w/e... It looks like there's shed loads to do, any recommendations on sectors that stand out as must visit spots?

john arran 12 Feb 2020
In reply to jezb1:

> Got a few days there this w/e... It looks like there's shed loads to do, any recommendations on sectors that stand out as must visit spots?

Sorry, it was too long ago for such details to stick around in memory. We picked up a topo from - I think - the tourist office, and I don't remember looking at any sector that didn't seem excellent.

jezb1 12 Feb 2020
In reply to john arran:

No worries! There's a new guidebook that makes everything look ace

afshapes 13 Feb 2020
In reply to fammer:

Patones is fantastic , la pedriza is stunning but I needed more bravery points for that place ! 

Ken Applegate 13 Feb 2020
In reply to fammer:

Whilst a bit further, northern Spain and in particular the crags covered in the Roca Verde guidebook would be worth considering. Ditto with Rodellar and also the areas covered in 'Escalada en las Torcas de Chodes', near Zaragoza.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.