UKC

Unexpected free time in Peru. Now

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi, 

I'm in Peru for a couple of weeks providing med cover for a conservation research charity, which has just been pulled due to corona virus.

I arrived in Lima this morning before the exped got canned.

Any recommendations for a good two weeks, climbing or trekking, apart from the obvious tourist stuff in the lonely planet?

Bearing in mind I have no kit here, I was expecting to be living on a houseboat on the amazon for a couple of weeks. 

Many thanks, 

Chris 

THE.WALRUS 13 Mar 2020
In reply to cavemancolumbus:

This time of year, your options are limited. 

Try Arequipa - numerous high, walk-up volcanoes (El Misti, Chachani, to name a few) and trekking in Colca Canyon. Good year round. Plenty of places you can hire kit, too.

While you're down that way, you could visit the Naza lines, too.

Overnight bus from Lima - Cruz Del Sur are the most reliable. They have a terminal in Miraflores.

K Wall 14 Mar 2020
In reply to cavemancolumbus:

We did a two week trek in Cordillera Huayhuash a couple of years ago.  We were guided by Abner,  a local farmer who has great family run trekking business:  https://www.huayhuash-trek.com/.   I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.  They were very 'can do' in approach so I'm sure they'd be able to tailor something for you.  There are gear shops/hire in Huaraz which is a conformable overnight bus ride from Lima.

Post edited at 07:00

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...