UKC

Wanted: Guidebook/Advice for Briancon, Durance Area in France

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rnotman67 30 Apr 2013
Anyone got a guidebook for the Aildefroide/Briancon/Durance area? Heading out kayaking in june and looking for other things to do whilst there.
OP rnotman67 04 May 2013
In reply to rnotman67: bump
 asmith37 09 May 2013
In reply to rnotman67:

The best one for you is called Escalade en Brianconnais, haut val durance & queyras by Yann, Martine et Jean-Jacques Rolland.

It covers most of the lower sport crags in the valley and has English translations. There's loads of variety from limestone to granite slabs to quartzite, but don't miss the amazing Mont Dauphin conglomerate.

I've not seen the guide available in this country, but is readily available in the valley.
 peter myers 09 May 2013
In reply to rnotman67: I have one called "Grimper dans le Haut-val Durance" by Y.M.and J.J. Rolland it is fine and got me through a paddling holday with many a happy evening spent climbing. I bought it in a bookshop in Briancon in 2008. I don't want to part with it, but you'll find a climbing guide easily enough if you look for one in town. There's quite a variety of climbing in the Durance valley. Rocher Baron is of interest being bolted quartzite. Have fun
 peter myers 09 May 2013
In reply to peter myers: It's all in French by the way but easy to understand and cost me 25 euros back then.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...