UKC

what are the midges on skye like at present?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Has anyone got an update on the midge situation on skye at present. Specifically the campsites at sligachan and glenbrittle...?

Cheers

Gregor
 joan cooper 07 Jun 2012
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs: very itchy in the dull wet weather. Pray for a breeze.
 Fiend 07 Jun 2012
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:

2 weekends ago The Slig was midge death on a still evening (although now a few dozen less from the ones I breathed in / ate), but absolutely fine on the following breezy morning. Slig got a lot of North-Easterly breeze, Glen Brittle much less.
Tim Chappell 07 Jun 2012
>
Specifically the campsites at sligachan and glenbrittle...?
>
> Cheers
>
> Gregor

<ghostly, echoey, unnerving cackle>

Hha ha haa! Prepare to SUFFER.
 Milesy 07 Jun 2012
They are biting like it is going out of fashion in my back garden worse than I have seen them here in a few years so I wouldnt like to imagine Skye!!!
In reply to Milesy:

bugger. the midge forecast is showing only 3/5 for skye, but that seems to be based on portree

having experienced midge hell at sligachan in the past, may give that one a miss...

unfortunately, aviemore showing as 4/5 on that forecast, which was the other main choice

might have to grit my teeth for the long haul to the NW as per my other recent thread, negligible midges reported there- does that match anyone's recent experience...?

cheers
gregor
 Fiend 07 Jun 2012

Very few midges in Sheigra at the weekend, due to a fresh breeze all the time. When that dropped there were a few.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...