UKC

What’s the situation with getting diesel in Norfolk?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rog Wilko 29 Sep 2021

Planning a non-climbing outing in the van next week. Are we likely to be marooned without the fuel to get home?

OP Rog Wilko 30 Sep 2021
In reply to Rog Wilko:

No climbers in Norfolk?

Martin Bennett 30 Sep 2021
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Norfolk seems to be the place to plan to go to just now Rog - we've thought about taking the van down there too, should a god forecast turn up, and I'm just off the phone to a pal who's been pricing cottage rentals there. Mind you he's going to Madeira instead as it'll work out cheaper!

No idea about fuel there but I've seen no queues at all round here. Is it a big priblem in S Cumb? Laura hasn't mentioned it and she's in Milnthorpe.

NBR 30 Sep 2021
In reply to Rog Wilko:

We exist but are in a permanent state of depression!

Fuel has been varried, diseel stocks better than petrol, some garages out of everything but the supermarkets do seem to be getting fairly regular deliveries.

OP Rog Wilko 30 Sep 2021
In reply to Martin Bennett:

Hi Martin,

we’ve been studying forecasts which suggest the east is the only place for decent weather in the next week or 2. Since this all blew up I haven’t passed a petrol station so can’t comment on this area. Fortunately our van is full at the moment but wouldn’t bank on it lasting for the trip to Norwich and back.

I haven’t been to Norfolk since I toured round on bikes with my school friend who was a fellow train spotter, staying in Youth Hostels and trespassing in engine sheds. I’d be about 13 or 14 at most so can’t remember much. I think it’ll be flat bike rides and National Trust gardens for a week. Maybe hire a boat on the Broads?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...