UKC

Guidebook for Monte Rosa area

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Joe G 18 Jun 2013
Just wondering if anyone can reccommend a guidebook for the Italian side of Monte Rosa. Looking at easier routes up the big hills, maybe more technical rock routes on smaller peaks, based around Alagna.

I have the 1968 edition of the AC Pennine Alps guide and I've ordered the AC / Martin Moran 4000m Peaks book so any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,
Joe
OP Joe G 19 Jun 2013
Well the new guidebook has arrived through the post, it looks good for the higher stuff, and thanks to the one I already had I know that 100lire = 1/4d... I've had a look at camp-to-camp and summitpost, don't suppose anyone has any other web-based suggestions, or actual guidebooks?
 shaigh 20 Jun 2013
In reply to Joe G:
I think Valais Alps - East (AC) covers that area. It's very hard to find... Bruce Goodlad mentions a few routes in his book on Alpine Climbing, but I think they're on 4000m peaks so covered in Moran's book anyway.
 alasdair19 20 Jun 2013
In reply to Joe G: i have valais E which is the one you need, a determined quest seems to usually yield a copy however if this fails get in touch is my copy is allready going to the alps once so may as well go again.

however you only need one route to do. this is the E face of monte rosa. I believe its easy to find. should be in fabulous condition.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...