UKC

Looking for big wall climbing expedition partners to Kyrgyzstan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My name is Luca (28) and I am putting out a shout to make some big wall expedition partners. The expedition invite is open to all, though I had also hoped to find some people in particular.

As a little backstory: I have a medical history with benign cancer and I am really hoping there are some passionate climbers out there that have had any medical downsides. I have had a long term dream of going into the Ak-Su valley to climb for 3 weeks in the autumn (September) and would love to share it with other climbers. The classic would of course be the Perestroika crack (815m, trad 7b), as well as look for virgin rock routes.

I want to make a short film about the party members climbing together, talking about challenges from the past and present, how climbing and the lifestyle around it has positively impacted each of us and how life doesn't stop us from having adventurous memories in the mountains.

I have already talked to some that have been in the area, the total isn't atrocious, something like £4000-5000 for 5 party members. Perhaps less with adventure grants?

And as a little side note, the aim of the trip is to go with amazing people and show that passion can take you to the craziest of places. If would be ideal to find at least 3 people

As a little intro, I'm really easy going, climbed for 5 years and always there to psych someone up for their redpoints. Love all forms from trad, sport, boulder, ice, dry tooling and alpine. My sport projects are currently 7c/+. I've climbed in Scandinavia, Alps, NZ and the UK.

ripper 08 Mar 2024
In reply to Luca Karjalainen:

Mate this sounds amazing and I hope it results in a film which is available coz it sounds like a great watch. If nothing else this reply will serve as a bump but I have to ask - do you live on the second floor?

Derry 09 Mar 2024

Good luck to you. I went to Kyrgyzstan in 2019 (thank god before Covid shut down), and we had the most perfect weather for some high altitude virgin peaks in Aug-Sept. Didn't climb anything as hard as you are talking about, but I can confirm to any potential partners, we spent a little over £1000 (flights, transport, food, permits, tips, etc) each which was helped by a MEF and NZAC grant. Very good value for a 4 week 'holiday' and Bishkek is cheap, friendly and culturally fantastic. Enjoy. 

Cosmo gilbert 10 Mar 2024

Hi Luca, I’m interested in coming. When can we talk?

i’m 25 and I have some alpine summer experience up to TD. But I haven’t had any serious health setbacks in my climbing.

French Erick 10 Mar 2024

I do wish I could!

However, no time off in September, probably too old and nowhere near good enough for 7b cracks 😂

Have a great trip mate and be sure to share the film on here!

rich.west 10 Mar 2024

Sounds amazing I'd like to join! I've not had any medical set backs though. I'm also 34 so not a spring chicken either. I was hoping to go walking there end of August anyway so will hopefully be in the country 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...