UKC

Mont Blanc 2022

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kevq 12 Mar 2022

Hi All!

I'm looking to climb Mont Blanc via the Gouter Route this summer and I'm seeking 2 teammates to rope up for safety reasons.

All I ask for is good level of fitness, common sense and general knowledge of the dangers on Mont Blanc.

If you are up for this adventure do not hesitate to leave a post or a private message. Please write a brief introduction which includes the level of fitness you possess and experience in the mountains.

About me:

I'm an avid mountaineer with experience of all the major mountain ranges in the UK, this includes winter climbs. I'm not a small guy, weighing a little over 200lbs (you definitely won't stress when I'm at the other end of the rope), apart from mountaineering I do a fair bit of powerlifting and running with decent speeds for 5km and 10km. 

As long as the safety aspects are taken care of and taken seriously I am a pretty chilled out guy, I do not stress about petty things and this is what I expect from you. This will surely make for an enjoyable climb!

Thanks!

Kev

Murcantile 12 Mar 2022
In reply to Kevq:

Have you got hut bookings? Good luck

Post edited at 17:55
 Maggot 12 Mar 2022
In reply to Kevq:

Go for the Grand Mullets route, That will surely make for an enjoyable climb!

CantClimbTom 12 Mar 2022
In reply to Kevq:

Strongly advise staying at/outside Tete rousse  and crossing the grand coulouir early, before the sun moves onto it. It can happen anytime, but as soon as the sun warns it, things start to move a lot more, checkout YouTube  youtube.com/watch?v=_LHwYupe_WE& to see what I mean. Earlier is better!! Then sleep again in or outside gouter hut and make an alpine start from there at 02:00 to be an hour ahead of half the crowds. Good luck! Endurance not powerlifting will help you on this one (as noble a sport it is). Enjoy and good luck 

CantClimbTom 13 Mar 2022
In reply to Kevq:

One last thing... if you go up Gouter, consider descending via grand mullet not retracing your steps, you'll avoid the grand coulouir crossing in sunshine, have a better/more majestic view, go a different way, maybe enjoy some standing/striding glissading? and you can walk down to Chamonix (I think you can pickup the telepherique at plan due l'aiguille to reduce the downhill on your knees but I've only ever walked down via the forest path)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...