UKC

Peru expeditions info - Alpamayo/Huascaran

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alex.serban 25 Aug 2023

Hi. 

We're looking to go next year to Peru to climb a few 5/6000ers amongst which Alpamayo and Huascaran maybe Chopicalqui.

Has anyone been there recently and can recommend a local agency to help with logistics?

Ideally we don't want a guide, unless mandatory. But we'd like someone to help us with accommodation, internal transport, visa applications, airport pick up.

We used Aksai Travel for Central Asia and would like something similar if it does exist.

Thanks

Alex Riley 26 Aug 2023
In reply to alex.serban:

John Biggar has run loads of trips to Peru. His website; http://www.andes.org.uk/index.asp

robgixer 26 Aug 2023
In reply to alex.serban:

Hi Alex,

We were there last in 2018, so a few years now and before that 2014.

It is very easy to organise everything yourself, from the airport taxi to bus company Cruz del Sur, others are available, bus to Huaraz. Timetables are available online.

Huaraz has accommodation that can be booked via booking.com.

Loads of agencies in town that will organise private transfers to trail heads and donkeys. Plus more such as cooks/base camp tents, if that's what your after. 

It probably can all be pre arranged from airport pick up but it's pretty easy.

If you have any other questions I can try and answer.

Cheers, Rob

OP alex.serban 26 Aug 2023
In reply to Alex Riley:

Thanks. I'll have a look.

OP alex.serban 26 Aug 2023
In reply to robgixer:

Didn't know is that easy to organise yourself. We're happy to organise ourselves if that is the case. I'll have a look online to see what I find and might drop you a dm at some point for some more info.

Thanks a lot.

Max.shepherd 27 Aug 2023
In reply to alex.serban:

Hi Alex,

Just wanted to reiterate what Rob said - it's very easy to organise everything yourself. My friend and I basically just rocked up there when we went earlier this year.

Very happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks,

Max

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...