UKC

Asymetric crampon bars, which have most curve?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fiona Reid 11 Feb 2018

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to find out which crampon bars have the most curve in them? I have DMM Gladiator crampons and size 39 Scarpa Cumbre boots. My boots are v asymetric and the small size makes it even worse.

With Grivel Super asymetric bars I can improve the fit bit but really I need something even that's more curved to centre the front section properly. I've tried moving the attachment points for the bails too and that gives a few mm improvement but it's not enough.

Are any other manufacturers bars more curved than the Grivel ones?

Thank you in advance

Fiona

HeMa 11 Feb 2018
In reply to Fiona Reid:

My gut says that the Petzl bars might be it. But they prolly won’t work in your crampons. 

OP Fiona Reid 11 Feb 2018
In reply to HeMa:

Thank you ,  a mate actually has some Petzl bars so I'll try them out next.  It doesn't seem to affect my climbing but would be nice to resolve as it looks really weird and feels slightly odd walking downhill but then I like to get the crampons off as soon as possible going downhill as I seem to be very good at tripping over them. 

JamieH 11 Feb 2018
In reply to Fiona Reid:

I have a pair of Sportiva G5's (38) and Black Diamond Sabretooth crampons, a good fit with BD's asymmetrical bar (cut down to size).

https://eu.blackdiamondequipment.com/en_GB/climbing%2Fcrampons-BD400675POLS... 

OP Fiona Reid 12 Feb 2018
In reply to JamieH:

Thank you, that looks like another option to try if the Petzl bars don't work.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...