UKC

Bouldering Mats - Whats out there?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave Warburton 01 Oct 2013
I'm looking to replace my two current bouldering mats which have served me well. I currently have an alpkit Phud which still has loads of life in it, but the straps have broken off it, disappointingly. My other pad is a Revolutions AK pad which has been absolutely brilliant but is now about as useful as a beer towel really.

So, whats out there which is around the DMM Highball size. My mates Highball also suffered from velco strap issues similar to the Alpkit so i'm wondering what the current well made pads are, with good foam... i.e not Black Diamond?

A size similar to a DMM Highball will mean I'll be able to fit two in the boot plus rucksacks so that would be preferable.

Thanks all.
 FreshSlate 02 Oct 2013
In reply to Dave Warburton: can you sew your straps back on? I have a highball, not noticed any problems but will keep an eye out.
 mattrm 02 Oct 2013
In reply to Dave Warburton:

Now that the phuds are made in the UK, why don't you send it back to alpkit and ask them to sew the straps back on. I bet they'd wouldn't charge, or they'd only charge a small fee.

Also, as an aside, does anyone know how you can evaluate different pads? i.e. they're all roughly the same size and price, but how do you know if the foam is better (or worse) in a specific model?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...