UKC

DMM 4cu cam reviews/opinions?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ben_elphick 01 Jun 2014
Was thinking about buyibng a few of these as they are reasonably inexpensive from my local wall and shops, anyone use them have any opinions, if so are they any good, or does anyone else recommend any inexpensive cams to just get me started trad climbing?
 jezb1 01 Jun 2014
In reply to ben_elphick:

Used to use them a lot and they are great cams for the money, no hesitation in recommending them.

I use Dragons these days, I think they're nicer to use but they are obviously more expensive.
 dmetcalfe 01 Jun 2014
In reply to ben_elphick:
I've got a full set of them, highly recomend them, I have used the dragons which are nice, and you would only need 5 for the range that 6 4cu would give you, but it's more money.
In reply to dmetcalfe:

I use them, really rate them, especially for 29 quid each.
ben_elphick 01 Jun 2014
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

Where can you get them for 29 quid?
 jezb1 01 Jun 2014
In reply to ben_elphick:

Joe Browns have deals on them
In reply to ben_elphick:

Needlesports
In reply to jezb1:
> Used to use them a lot and they are great cams for the money, no hesitation in recommending them.
> I use Dragons these days, I think they're nicer to use but they are obviously more expensive.

Same here.

I used 4CUs from size 1 upwards from 2001 onwards until relatively recently.
 gd303uk 01 Jun 2014
In reply to ben_elphick:

I have got and/ or used nearly every cam on the market except the totem cams, and highly rate the DMM 4cu cams, I've used them fallen on them and will use them with no worries, great bits of kit, don't let the price put you off.
 Cameron94 02 Jun 2014
In reply to ben_elphick:

Echo everyone else above. I have 4cu's and rate them, they do the job at a really good price.

I prefer the sling arrangement on them compared to more expensive models.
 grump gnome 02 Jun 2014
In reply to ben_elphick:

Great bits of kit. Been using them for years.
 TobyA 02 Jun 2014
In reply to ben_elphick:

They're great - nice and light too compared to many other cams. I had a full set and climbed very happily on them for a years until I got Dragons and Camalots for a review. I tend to use them now as they are newer, but my old 4CUs are still great when I do use them.

If you've found a good deal on them, I'd go for them without a second thought. They're great.
 alasdair19 02 Jun 2014
In reply to ben_elphick:

I use them in smaller sizes and they're excellent particularly at the price. Best in small sizes and the doubled sling works well.
 jkarran 02 Jun 2014
In reply to ben_elphick:

Good, lightweight and well made in the UK. Maybe need a little more care than others to keep the kinks out of them but that's U-stem cams in general. You won't find many placements these wont go where others would.

jk
 Oujmik 02 Jun 2014
In reply to ben_elphick:

Don't think you can do much better than the 4CUs in terms of value for money. You can buy three for just over £85 from Needlesports. I'd suggest buying 1, 2 and 3 to start with. Then fill in the half sizes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...