UKC

/ REVIEW: GSI Outdoors Microlite Flasks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
GSI Microlite montage, 3 kbThey're tough, they're light and they keep things hot for ages - and that's pretty much all you could ask of an insulated bottle, says Dan Bailey

Read more
althesin on 04 Sep 2018
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Like this review, particularly the hand drawn graph of temperature drop vs time, I am definitely going to do this next time I have to present some data instead of spending hours wrestling with spreadsheets in Powerpoint to get some fancy 3D multi coloured chart.

angry pirate - on 04 Sep 2018
In reply to althesin:

Needs to label his axes mind!

tjin - on 04 Sep 2018

I like lighter ansd smaller things, but why is it a thing to not have a build in lid/cup anymore? Now you have to bring a cup or risk burning your mouth? (or wait untill the entire content is cooler, but isn't the point you can have a hot drink over a extended periode).

In reply to althesin:

UKC/UKH: we do the hard science so that you don't have to. Probably the first time I've drawn a graph of any sort since leaving school... can you tell?!

Flinticus - on 04 Sep 2018
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Better if temp retention tests performed in the field as you will be more likely using on cold days, not 20C ones.

Do an outdoors test on a cooler day?

Euge - on 14 Sep 2018
In reply to Flinticus:

I bought one of these flasks on the back of this review and carried out the test leaving the flask in the fridge overnight...

8pm liquid @ 80degC

Place in fridge @5degC

7:30 am liquid @ 45degC

So lost 35degC  over 11.5hrs @ 5degC... That is not bad.

Cheers

Euge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.