/ Inflatable Portaledge

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
MischaHY - on 16 May 2019

Weighs 1.5 kilos, looks like an inflatable sleeping mat on steroids and can be doubled sideways or in bunkbed style. Also has a rain fly option. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gradeviiequipment/the-g7-pod-worlds-lightest-climbing-ledge/posts/2507608 

Looks like a game changer. 

cb294 - on 16 May 2019
In reply to MischaHY:

At first sight that looks like an excellent idea, but I would worry a little about stability at my kind of body weight (100kgish). I don't want to change the game to "collapse the bivy".

I would definitely consider buying one after testing, though, and anyway it is too late to pledge for their kickstarter campaign.

CB

captain paranoia - on 16 May 2019
In reply to cb294:

> and anyway it is too late to pledge for their kickstarter campaign.

33 days left in their funding period, and currently 305% funded.

cb294 - on 16 May 2019
In reply to captain paranoia:

You are right, but the interesting rewards are all gone.

CB

captain paranoia - on 16 May 2019
In reply to MischaHY:

My concern is for abrasion damage. Fixing simple punctures might be possible. Patching a large abraded hole not so simple.

snoop6060 - on 16 May 2019
In reply to MischaHY:

Gonna wait for the decathlon version me. I'm expecting then to bang em out for 29.99. I mean that just looks like one of their 5 quid airbeds and some ratchet straps. 

captain paranoia - on 17 May 2019
In reply to snoop6060:

I'm hoping it's more like their airbeam tents...

MischaHY - on 17 May 2019

I get where you're coming from but user reports so far seem to very positive regarding this. Apparently it can patched in a similar way to a raft. 

captain paranoia - on 17 May 2019
In reply to MischaHY:

Don't get me wrong; I'm intrigued by the thing, and like the concept. I'm just voicing concern about what I see as the main engineering challenge.

I spent some time a few years ago, playing with ideas based on the Krustyledge. One feature was sacrificial pipe sectiona on the wall side...

To be fair a tyvek offcut or similar would be easy enough to suspend wall side and would add very little to the weight. Would effectively eliminate the issue as well. I guess we'll see how it progresses. 

cornishben - on 17 May 2019
In reply to MischaHY:

Worth listening to Episode 174 of the Enormocast, where Bronwyn/Jacob talk about using one of these

In reply to cornishben:

Cheers will do! 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.