UKC

Inov -8 X-Talon 212....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdCo82 16 Mar 2014
Has anyone recently used a pair of these for fell running?

I am after a pair of fell running shoes and wondered how these get rated. What are they like on wet and slippy ground and also on rock?

I won't be using them at all for road running but just off road.

Cheers,

Ad
 joesmith 16 Mar 2014
In reply to AdCo82:

In my experience, they are great on wet rock and grass, about as grippy as you can get i think.
But If you will be doing much on trails, as opposed to open fell, they will wear down very quickly, and you would be better with something a bit more hardwearing, like the roclites.
Joe
OP AdCo82 16 Mar 2014
In reply to joesmith:

Ah lovely thank you. It is more for open fell. I already have a pair of roclites which I have for paths and trails.

it is a trainer for the wet grass / rock of Lakeland fells that I am after. Just hope that the X-Talon fit a narrow and low volume foot.

Cheers,

Ad
EvanDavies 16 Mar 2014
In reply to AdCo82:

I've been using X-Talons all winter for running when it's been really wet and muddy. Definitely wouldn't use them for dry trails though. I would say they would suit a low volume foot. I have a med/high volume foot and had to change the insoles for thinner ones and only wear thin socks to get the best fit for me.
OP AdCo82 16 Mar 2014
In reply to EvanDavies:

Lovely, thank you for that info
 SteveHolmes 17 Mar 2014
In reply to AdCo82:

Hello Ad, I wrote a review of these a while back http://verticalfever.co.uk/2012/12/03/122/

Great for fell running especially if you like to run in footwear with little height drop.

Steve
 steveriley 17 Mar 2014
I really like them, I had the 190s before so knew what I was getting. They're much more robust than the 190s which I had to keep for best - they ripped open big style in a race

The 212s and something more traily cover most of my needs. I've a feeling they might have gone a touch wider over the years - the first generation I dismissed as too narrow for me and the current model are ok but perhaps half a size too long to get the width.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...