UKC

REVIEW: Kouba Axel Plus and Flex Cams

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 20 Oct 2023

They lack the refinement of better established and more expensive brands, but if you are building a trad rack on a budget then these functional Czech cams do the job perfectly well, at a price it may be hard to resist, says Tim Hill. 

Read more

Andypeak 20 Oct 2023
In reply to UKC Gear:

I had the 2 largest sizes of the Axel in the Rock Empire branding (they were identical in every other way). They are brilliant little units and I used them for many years. My only criticisms would be that the colour coding doesn't match what is now considered "standard" and the head width on the largest was a bit too narrow making it slightly less stable. 

CantClimbTom 20 Oct 2023
In reply to UKC Gear:

Due to Kouba being outside the UK and costing more than threshold a set may incur customs/import charge issues and get delayed.

Unless of course people source them from Sgùrr, in which case they're shipped from UK. I'd rather support some UK climbers than pay customs charges and be delayed. https://www.sgurr.shop/

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/premier_posts/sgurr_why_we_started_our_on...

Post edited at 13:26
 Ramon Marin 20 Oct 2023
In reply to UKC Gear:

£46! What's not to like! The Dacia of the cams. They look far more refined that my 1st gen Camalots

In reply to Ramon Marin:

>. They look far more refined that my 1st gen Camalots

But less refined than original Friends. 

gethin_allen 20 Oct 2023
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide:

> >. They look far more refined that my 1st gen Camalots

> But less refined than original Friends. 

I'm not so sure about that, it depends on what you consider to be the originals I guess.

Ciro 21 Oct 2023
In reply to UKC Gear:

Typo: "expendable" slings

In reply to Ciro:

Thanks. That was an unfortunate typo

pbla4024 24 Oct 2023
In reply to Ramon Marin:

That's a bit steep. I paid £290 for a set of eight

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...