UKC

La Sportiva Katana Lace-ups

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cha1n 26 Jan 2010
In reply to Chewie:

I don't know, but I'd be very intested to know aswell!
In reply to Chewie: had a look at a pair recently, they look the business. if they don't fall apart like the old ones....
 cha1n 26 Jan 2010
In reply to portlandclimber:

What shop were selling them? If it's anywhere between Bristol and Portland - I can get there! Thanks
OP Chewie 26 Jan 2010
In reply to Chewie:

Looks like they're a replacement for the old Barracudas (am I mistaken in thinking they were essentially a lace-up Katana?).
In reply to cha1n: it was at a la sportiva stand im afraid. you should be able to find a pair online. but not sure if the sizing will be any different...
OP Chewie 26 Jan 2010
In reply to portlandclimber:
> (In reply to cha1n) it was at a la sportiva stand im afraid. you should be able to find a pair online.

Had a quick look on line but can't see anybody selling them. Must not have been released yet.

Simon Rackley 26 Jan 2010
In reply to Chewie: i think there available in april.
 cha1n 10 Feb 2010
In reply to rackers3004:

Had an email from lyon to say these will be available from March.
OP Chewie 19 Feb 2010
In reply to cha1n:
> (In reply to rackers3004)
>
> Had an email from lyon to say these will be available from March.

They told me April. Oh well, March or April I look forward to trying them on. I'll be due some new shoes about then and with my birthday being in May the Mrs may well be getting some not-so-subtle hints if they fit well.
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 19 Feb 2010
In reply to Chewie: You are not mistaken, AND the barracudas had the really useful netty rubber over the top of the toe which was fantastic for toe hooking. Maybe La Sportiva have decided to follow 5.10s lead and discontinue good shoes and start bringing out slightly crapper versions.
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 19 Feb 2010
In reply to @ndyM@rsh@ll: Although obviously it is COMPLETELY unfair of me to say this without having tried them and my opinion is completely unqualified. :P
In reply to @ndyM@rsh@ll: They discontinued the Barracuddas because vibram stopped making the rubber mesh that was used on them and the venom slipper.
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 19 Feb 2010
In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut: The B******s!
 Southern Bell 17 Mar 2010
In reply to @ndyM@rsh@ll:

any one know if the katana LACE UPs are out yet??

where can i buy?
 John Gillott 26 Mar 2010
In reply to major stabby:

http://www.gear4climb.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=83_8...

> £100 mind; hopefully they'll be cheaper somewhere else in time. I was told by Urban Rock that they'd be stocking them pretty much as soon as they became available, but they hadn't got them when I last looked.
 nufkin 21 Apr 2010
In reply to Chewie:

They've got some of these at the Castle now - tried some on, and they're niiice. A bit more down-turned than the velcro one, and a bit stiffer. I'll start saving my pennies!
mike1979 21 Apr 2010
In reply to nufkin: Anyone know if the fit is the same as the velcro model?
 JayK 21 Apr 2010
In reply to Chewie:

Tried the Miura velcro's at Rock On's boot demo @ Redpoint on saturday. Best shoe I've ever worn. Fortunately I some how manage to win the comp so get a pair of these lovely shoes. I've always been a 5.10 man but these beat everything I tried on. Altho the Teams are the next best thing.
troglodyte 03 May 2010
bump...

to see if anyone with velcros has tried on the lace ups and can comment on the sizing of the lace ups compared to the velcros.

Nobody round here stocks the katana, so I don't have high hopes being able to actually try on lace-up version any time soon..
 nufkin 03 May 2010
In reply to troglodyte:

Was trying a pair on the weekend - they seem a bit wider than the velcro ones, but the elastic tongue thing makes it harder to get a fat foot inside. Feels nice and snug once it's there, though. The length seems pretty similar - size 41 works for me in both - but I reckon that the lace-ups might not give as much on account of the P3 thing and the elastic inner. Just a guess, mind...
troglodyte 03 May 2010
In reply to nufkin:

Cheers that helps, will give me a bit more confidence to order a pair, thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...