UKC

Mountain Equipment jacket sizing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tigger 27 Nov 2023

Well my Berghaus Attrition 2 has finally given up the ghost after 12 years.

I'm looking at the Mountain Equipment Lhoste but would need to buy online (hopefully in a decently sale), I'm trying to decide what size.

I'm:

6ft 1

83kg

38" chest

31" waist

ME size guide suggest medium, has anyone got advice please, the alpine fit is slim so I may need large.

Post edited at 14:16
 Luke Brisco 27 Nov 2023
In reply to Tigger:

I'm 6', 83kg, 39" Chest, and 32" waist and all my (many) ME jackets and fleeces are medium. A large would probably be fine too but I prefer a more athletic fit.

OP Tigger 27 Nov 2023
In reply to Luke Brisco:

Thanks Luke, I've just seen a couple going very cheap so may pull the trigger. Worse comes to worse I'll sell them on for the same price.

midgen 27 Nov 2023
In reply to Tigger:

I'm 6'2" and 75kg, 31" waist. I'm a medium in everything Mountain Equipment....I prefer a trim fit.

Post edited at 15:17
 More-On 27 Nov 2023
In reply to Tigger:

I'm c. 6ft, 75kg but a 42in chest and wear large in ME to give a bit more room around my shoulders.

timparkin 27 Nov 2023
In reply to midgen:

6'1" 75kg, 32" waist - medium and it's not 'snug' tight but tidy. Perfect fit in my opinion

Axel Smeets 27 Nov 2023
In reply to Tigger:

I have a Lhotse jacket. Size large. 

6ft 1

12 stone 8

32.5 inch  waist

40 inch chest

It's a tad (and I mean a tad) looser than I'd want but medium was far too small. Hope that helps. 

PS it's the dogs boll*cks. 

OP Tigger 27 Nov 2023

Thanks everyone.

I pulled the Trigger on a new Lhoste Jacket - unwanted gift on eBay with tags. Hopefully it'll last as long as my last jacket!

Post edited at 16:25
 Sharp 28 Nov 2023
In reply to Tigger:

Great jacket, ME stuff always fits me true to size in their athletic fit (which I believe the Lhotse is). I've no idea why but there always seem to be plenty cheap ME jackets on ebay, there's not really a better value way to get a good climbing shell. 

top cat 30 Nov 2023

Maybe ME  have changed ; it has been a while since I last had one.

I found that the jackets were a good fit except under the arm pits where they were too tight.

Given the build across most climbers shoulders and chest this seemed like an oversight .

elliot.baker 30 Nov 2023
In reply to Tigger:

You could try one on in Go Outdoors and then order from your retailer of choice.

OP Tigger 01 Dec 2023
In reply to top cat:

Yea it's arrived and is a little tight under the arms, not enough to be of issue though.

The jacket fits great in general, nice long sleeves, long in the torso and enough rooms for a thick midlayer, the best for I've found for my height and ape index.

It just rides up into the arm pits a little. I'll try it out this weekend, I'd the armpits chafe too much I'll be able to sell it on and not lose out.

OP Tigger 04 Dec 2023

If it helps anyone out, the jacket fits great even with a base layer, fleece and primaloft jacket. Whilst still allowing full freedom of movement when climbing.

Worn for two 10 hour days so far.

Post edited at 16:55

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...