UKC

GEAR: New Products this week

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 13 Aug 2007
Below is a summary of the Latest Product News added to UKClimbing's Gear section in the last week:

[The Graviton, 1 kb]Rock+Run Rock + Run Graviton 07-Aug-07
A true variable-friction device, the Graviton maintains the smooth feed of a standard belay device but ups the braking power with the addition of two sets of friction teeth - at an unbeatable price.
* read more...

The UKC Gear pages also have independent reviews from registered users - send us your review.
 Justin T 13 Aug 2007
In reply to UKC Gear:

Oooh how exciting it's a rebadged VC-pro. I bet it has that nice 'sticking' problem as well.
In reply to quadmyre: I had A VC pro which is exactly the same as the rebadged rock and run thing. It was crap, everytime you took in slack it jammed against the karabiner and you had to unjam it with your hand. Back to an ATC xp now which is the dogs!
 Apollo 13 Aug 2007
n reply to quadmyre:
To be fair it isn't advertised as a revolutionary new belay device. It's a just a toothed belay plate (as is now very popular) at a good price.

Having used a VC pro I found them to have good locking action and be pretty smooth generally. I don't really believe if it was as poor as you imply it would have been around so long.
 Merlin 13 Aug 2007
In reply to quadmyre: I had an old one too, and yeah it was crap.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...