UKC

Nomics or these?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 matthew 17 Mar 2018
Was thinking of getting more traditional axes for off-vertical alpine stuff and just spotted 2 Vintage Ice Axes for auction ending 12h19 tomorrow on t'ebay. Anyone used these and know if they are any good?
 wbo 17 Mar 2018
In reply to matthew:which vintage axes might they be?

OP matthew 17 Mar 2018
In reply to wbo:

I can't tell the make but please take a look, they look so cool. Just search 2 vintage ice axes.

DaveHK 17 Mar 2018
In reply to matthew:

> I can't tell the make but please take a look, they look so cool. Just search 2 vintage ice axes.

You could post a link you know, make it easy for us.

DaveHK 17 Mar 2018
In reply to matthew:

Oh I see, you were making a (very) wee joke.

OP matthew 17 Mar 2018
In reply to DaveHK:

Tried to post the link but UKC blocked it thinking I'm selling. Dead easy to find though and worth a look!

In reply to matthew:

They look like MSR Eagles made in Seattle in the early 1970s, so now probably older than most UKC posters. Cool, as collector's items perhaps!

wercat 18 Mar 2018
In reply to matthew:

I think they would only work on one specific route, the Cioch on Skye, and you'd have to be in Mortal Kombat on the top of it to get the best out of them

OP matthew 18 Mar 2018
In reply to wercat:

Thanks for the advice. Might have to check out the DVD for some beta on that one. The axes have been re-listed now. I was thinking they look just the thing for Helvellyn's Rape and Pillage - might be in nick too after this cold wind!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...