UKC

Red Chili Matador Replacements.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dan Arkle 17 May 2017
I got on really well with my Matadors, but they don't seem to sell them any more.

Can anyone recommend a similar shoe that they have moved on to?
In reply to Dan Arkle:

Sorry it's not an answer but I really like mine too (at least for bouldering) and am in the same position. I had one pair resoled and they're good as new, so try that if they're worn out and you've nothing to lose.
I'm nursing my remaining other pair by being incredibly careful with my feet, and even then I only put them on for the send after working problems in something else.
If it helps rule one thing out I'm currently mostly using anasazi VCRs but I'm not very happy with them, and they're not a similar shoe.
 johncook 17 May 2017
In reply to Dan Arkle:

I think berfruende still have matadors and they are still on the chili site.
Chili have now changed uk importers as they were not getting good coverage and it may take time to settle down.
Contact red chili direct and they will put you in touch with the new importer.
 bouldery bits 17 May 2017
In reply to Dan Arkle:

Never used Matadors but...
Dragons mate.

Dragons.
 Robin Woodward 18 May 2017
In reply to Dan Arkle:

I have a UK 8 Right and UK 7 Left brand new (odd sized feet) so might be able to help if you've only got one shoe with major problems.
In reply to johncook:

Bergfreunde (alpinetrek) only have size 3.
Red chili site doesn't show them. They seem to have replaced them with "Octan", which aren't quite the same.
 johncook 18 May 2017
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

Sorry. Hadn't looked for a week or so. They have only recently been removed. Maybe Octan may be the nearest replacement that just looks different in the pictures. Fusion velcro are almost identical to spirit Velcro to wear. They look very different in the pictures but are almost identical (apart from colour and two straps). Could just be the typical cosmetic revamp that companies seem to love to carry out. try the Octan and return if not suitable.
In reply to johncook:

> Fusion velcro are almost identical to spirit Velcro to wear.
> Could just be the typical cosmetic revamp that companies seem to love to carry out.

They've also converted the spirit from fully synthetic to full leather, so I'd expect that to change the way the shoe adjusts over time. Also not great if you're vegan (like me).
OP Dan Arkle 19 May 2017
In reply to Dan Arkle:

Thanks all, some good knowledge there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...