UKC

Vaude customer service

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 snoop6060 22 Jul 2010
I managed to snap my tent pole in the lashing rain in wales sometime ago. Its a Vaude Taurus I.

After trying to buy a replacement, some places wanted £50, I rang Vaude direct after seeing a post on here. They said, sure, send it in. 2 days later I have a shiny new pole for free!

I wasn't expecting this level of service from them, it was arguably my fault, it truely was horrendous rain. And the tent is nearly 2 years old.

Anyway, thought it would be worth pointing it out, I don't hesitate to whinge when I get terrible service, so its fair I should point really good service.

Highly recommended company to deal with, I wouldn't hesititate to get another tent from these guys.

Si
 monkeys 22 Jul 2010
In reply to snoop6060:

I take it you spoke to Colin Garfoot at Vaude ?
Vaude always always very helpful in my experience - i bought a 2nd Vaude tent on the strength of my experience of their customer service
OP snoop6060 22 Jul 2010
In reply to monkeys:

Think so, I rang their northumbland place. Very helpful, didn't really ask me much, just said send it in, we'll fix it.

Happy days, good customer service. I emailed them first and the head office was equally as helpful.

I will defo buy Vaude again.
 DGY 22 Jul 2010
In reply to snoop6060:
Hi could you please post their contact details please
Thank you
D
XXXX 22 Jul 2010
In reply to snoop6060:

Ah you DID get my email then!

I've had exactly the same experience with Vaude... twice! Excellent stuff.

Contact details are got through the Vaude Uk website.

XXXX 22 Jul 2010
In reply to snoop6060:

Vaude UK, Unit 6c, Greensfield Park, Alnwick, Northumberland. NE66 2DE.
Tel:01665 510660. Fax:01665 510609. email: sales@vaude.co.uk
OP snoop6060 22 Jul 2010
In reply to Eric the Red:

Did I not reply? Sorry about that Eric.

And thanks is due indeed, I now have a shiny new tent pole.

Cheers for the help.
 Rubbishy 22 Jul 2010
In reply to snoop6060:

I had a problem with my Space Explorer years ago. Poles snapped and tore the fly and sleeve.

Posted and returned free, new sleeves, new poles and nice repiar to fly, plus a reproof.

the tent was 7 years old and the cost to me was nil.

great customer service and a good tent as well - seemed a split in the pole from being crsuehd or similar was the fault.
HelenP 22 Jul 2010
In reply to snoop6060:
Can only second the excellent customer service from Vaude, i have a Taurus 2 ultralight which took a pounding in the Carneddau a couple of year sago resulting in a torn inner, very few pegs left, no tent bag and bent poles. After contacting Vaude the inner was replaced for free, along with pegs and bag, I only had to sort out the poles, unbelievable service such that I now have all Vaude tents for our D o E unit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...