UKC

which replacement for my five ten , jet 7's ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris Aston 24 Jun 2014
Hi

I need a replacement for my five ten , jet 7's ?

Anyone know which is closest shoe to them?

climber34neil 25 Jun 2014
In reply to Chris Aston:

Teams probably although I think they are a little softer , or try blackwing
 cha1n 25 Jun 2014
In reply to Chris Aston:

I find my (blue) blackwings to be the closest replacement. The top isn't covered in rubber, so possibly not as good at toehooking.

You could also try the teams and I do use them myself for crucial toehooks but I find the mystique rubber on the soles a bit pants. The Blackwings use the stealth hf rubber, same as the jet7.
OP Chris Aston 25 Jun 2014
In reply to cha1n:

thanks for that. already have blue teams they dont seem to climb as well as jet 7 except on very hard boulder probs , but mine are very tight fitting.

In reply to Chris Aston:

Anyone any other ideas ?

Arrowheads ?

any new five ten shoes due out soon?
 cha1n 25 Jun 2014
In reply to Chris Aston:

Worth trying on some blue blackwings perhaps then. I have the arrowheads, they are good but not as good as the blackwings for harder stuff. I think it's because the arrowheads are a touch thicker but there's not much in it.

Five ten are releasing the hiangle in the autumn, which is a leather slipper built on the dragon last. I get the idea they will be quite stiff but who knows until they are released.

Evolv has just released the Nexxo which look quite good but haven't had a chance to try them on yet. Scarpa is releasing the Booster S at some point which also look good.
 lurcher 25 Jun 2014
In reply to cha1n:

what size jet 7s are you? i have a surplus pair that have only been used a few times, size 9.5
In reply to lurcher:

size 6.5 but thanks anyway
In reply to cha1n:

thanks

will have to try some

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...