UKC

Women's climbing trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mad Mongoose 18 Nov 2023

Looking for suggestions. I am looking for climbing trousers for the winter however I have yet to find a pair that go large enough (anything bigger than a 47" hip) I'm on the verge of giving up but any suggestions and recommendations welcome 

Post edited at 18:53
 SXPembs 22 Nov 2023
In reply to Mad Mongoose:

Sorry if I am being obtuse, but do you mean climbing trousers for winter trad / sport or trousers for winter climbing (i.e. snow and ice)? Can't advise on the latter because I haven't done any in years. For the former I usually wear stretchy jeans that don't restrict high steps. I've tried climbing-specific jeans (Third Rock, Black Diamond) but I have a pair of stretchy secondhand skinny jeans from H&M that are pretty much as good and a tiny fraction of the cost. 

In reply to SXPembs:

> but I have a pair of stretchy secondhand skinny jeans

I think the problem the OP is having is finding that trousers are too skinny for her hips.

SXPembs 24 Nov 2023
In reply to captain paranoia:

The stated problem is that she wants trousers for climbing (still no answer about what sort of climbing) that will accommodate her hips. The term "skinny jeans" refers to the fit of the jeans not the size, i.e. it means jeans hug the leg and are made from stretch fabric. Skinny jeans come in all sizes. 

I have suggested she use stretch jeans from a high street retailer which stocks plus sizes which run significantly larger than her stated hip measurement. For example H&M currently have these stretch slim-leg jeans available up to size 3XL  https://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.1166854005.html

Post edited at 05:39
 TwoTeas 24 Nov 2023
In reply to Mad Mongoose:

I've got a pair of Acai thermal trousers, I wear them for climbing, walking, lounging around the house. They're super stretchy, warm, comfy and high waisted and the hips go up to 49-50" - https://acaioutdoorwear.com/products/thermal-skinny-outdoor-trousers-storm-...

In reply to SXPembs:

> The term "skinny jeans" refers to the fit of the jeans not the size,

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...