UKC

Am Bodach (Mamores) descend by SE ridge?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blue Ridge 18 Jul 2023

Hi all,

I’m looking for advice from anyone who might have taken or attempted a descent off the SE ridge of Am Bodach (Mamores - 1032m). It looks possible and even shows a dotted line down to 890m on the OS “standard” map.

I am considering trying this descent to then turn more east down low and reconnect to the footpath along Allt Coire na Ba that leads back to Kinlochleven.

My original plan is for Binnein Mor to Na Gruagaichean, but now I’m considering to include the eastern 2 or 3 munros of the Ring of Steall. I may leave Am Bodach for another day if the only prudent route is to re-trace and re-ascend back towards Na Gruagaichean.

Thanks in advance!

rinnes 20 Jul 2023
In reply to Blue Ridge:

I did a round from Kinlochleven in June  2019 of the 5 Munros from Binnein Mor to Am Bodach. I don’t recall if I tried to descend the SE  ridge of Am Bodach but I certainly ended up back on the Allt Coire na Bà path to return to Kinlochleven. I think I possibly returned NE from Am Bodach back towards the first col before Stob Coire a Chairn and headed down the path marked on the current 1:25000 OS map into the top of Coire  a Bhodaich. 

i definitely did not backtrack all the way past Stob Coire na Cairn towards Na Gruagaichean to pick up the descent path.

I would certainly recommend you to extend your walk to take in the extra hills provided you get a good weather day - it is easy walking once you’re up there !

Post edited at 16:30

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...