UKC

Beinn a Chroin Charges...What happened?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andrew ogilvie 21 Oct 2020

Does anyone know what happened to the legal proceedings against the two walkers who had been charged following their rescue from Beinn a Chroin in the early summer? 
I don't know the walkers involved,  or the full circumstances of the rescue, but was instinctively pretty shocked and disgusted by the use of the serious criminal law against them... I was wondering what had  happened and can't find any updates beyond discussion on these and similar forums up to the middle of June.
Anyone better informed than me?

Cog 21 Oct 2020
In reply to andrew ogilvie:

I was told charges to many people at the time, including this one, were dropped.

In reply to Cog:

Saves the eyesight testing defence being challenged, I suppose...

In reply to captain paranoia:

He wasn't even there! And they have the phone records to prove it, but we're not allowed to see them for some reason...

In reply to Boris\'s Johnson:

I'm pretty sure I remember Cummstains coming out into a nice garden, 35 minutes late, and admitting taking a nice drive to Barnard Castle.

In reply to captain paranoia:

As far as I can remember that was the first trip he was accused of making, then there were sightings of him on a second jaunt but the phone records were trundled out as "proof" that the second set of allegations were false.

Either way, it's still an ongoing saga despite what the PM and Cumrag think and is still cited as another excuse for flaunting the current regulations; one rule for them, one rule for us etc

---

Just as an aside, it's an unfortunate surname the blokes got, do you reckon he's a tw*t because of that and the grief he probably got growing up? Or is he just an arsehole and would be even if he had a name that couldn't be so easily turned into a sexual joke. I'm as guilty as the next man/ woman/ otherkin of taking the piss but it's hard not to when he's such an unlikable person. A vicious cycle of abuse.

In reply to Boris\'s Johnson:

Bullied at school, so he became a disgruntled loner with an over-inflated sense of self-worth? Possibly.

Ironic that he's now working for a bunch of Eton boys who you can imagine were just the sort to be bullies, and probably still look down on him because he only went to Durham, and not Eton like they did: the Blackadder-ish 'oily little squit' phrases come to mind...

Maybe it's all an evil plot to get revenge in everyone...?

Post edited at 16:02
In reply to Cog:

I very much hope that you ae correct. Thankyou for your answer.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...