UKC

New member saying hello

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GaryHW 18 May 2022

Hello one and all.

New to the forum so just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. 

Not sure if this is the place to do it but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. 

As I say new to the forum but have lived and worked in the outdoors my whole life. Originally as a serviceman. Then as a bushcraft and now in my later years as a hill walker. Myself and my wife recently completed the Longtown big black mountain challenge with no training and great results and this has really fuelled my interest in such challenges. Over the years I (we) have spent a lot of time in the hills, living on top of dartmoor that's a given, but also in Wales particularly.

Probably not as up to speed on events and gear etc hence my signing up as I plan to tap the fountain of knowledge here.

My new 'big interest' is fastpacking, as this involved 3 things I love. Hiking and running, travelling light and self sufficiency... I described it to a friend as bushcraft in its purest form (think Daniel day Lewis at the start of last of the mohicans)... But I digress.

Anyway just wanted to say hi in advance and apologies for any stupid questions before I ask them. 

Cheers 

Gary 

In reply to GaryHW:

> Not sure if this is the place to do it but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

You'll get corrected even if you're not wrong 😂

Oh hello by the way! 

ripper 18 May 2022
In reply to GaryHW:

welcome, you're definitely in the right place for stupid questions - just be prepared for the odd stupid answer...

peppermill 18 May 2022
In reply to GaryHW:

Welcome!

Don't worry about not being up to speed with gear, mostly bollox with the occasional glimmer of brilliance but I'm sure you already knew this!

OP GaryHW 18 May 2022
In reply to GaryHW:

Cheers guys... Thanks for the welcome!!

BuzyG 19 May 2022
In reply to GaryHW:

Hi Garry. Welcome to the forum from Sunny Saltash.  Always plenty to do up on the moors.  Just remember to bring a waterproof.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...